Posted at October 7, 2022 by PCI-DB Team
|Device Name||MikroTik RouterOS Tile Firmware 6.38 RC 40|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||15.6 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- certificate - remove invalid CRLs after upgrade; (broken since v6.38rc32);
- export - updated default values to clean up export compact;
- firewall - fixed "time" option by recognizing weekday properly (broken in 6.37.2);
- firewall - fixed dynamic raw rule behaviour;
- ike1 - fixed natted transport mode port-strict policy generation;
- ipsec - fixed camellia crypto algorithm module loading;
- ipsec - load ipv6 related modules only when ipv6 package is enabled;
- ipsec - various additional work in IKEv2 support;
- lte - added support for novatel USB620L;
- rb750Gr3 - fixed ipsec with 3des+md5 to work on this board;
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers