Posted at November 28, 2022 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||AsusWrt-Merlin Firmware 18.104.22.168.378.50.0 for RT-AC68U|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||23.5 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- You must do a factory default reset, and manually configure your setting if coming from a version older than 378.50. Failure to do so can lead to various issues with wifi, OpenVPN, and the new AC68U bootloader.
- Please read this changelog, especially the changes related to jffs, user scripts/config and OpenVPN in the previous 378.50 betas.
- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 378_4129 code.
- CHANGED: Reverted back to vsftpd 2.x, as 3.0.2 doesn't work properly on MIPS architectures (and possibly other particular scenarios as well).
- CHANGED: Added warning to the DDNS page if you set the type to Custom and either JFFS or custom script support isn't enabled
- FIXED: A few unescaped quotes in the French dict breaking VPN pages
- FIXED: MAC list would get corrupted when removing and re-adding entries on the MAC filter list
- FIXED: AC68U CFE update wasn't written to flash due to permission issues
- FIXED: Static Key field wasn't visible when using HMAC authentication
- FIXED: syslogd was always enforcing the -S switch
- FIXED: When setting a static DHCP from the networkmap, the user-entered name wouldn't be used. Now it gets used, and we rely on the rc daemon to properly handle it if it's not a valid hostname (it will simply not provide it to dnsmasq's static name list).
- This custom firmware can be applied like any regular update.
- You should not need to reset to factory defaults.
- You can revert back to an original ASUS firmware at any time.
- Do not load a saved copy of your settings.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers