Posted at October 4, 2022 by PCI-DB Team
|Device Name||LG BP730 Blu-Ray Disc Player Firmware BD2.796.30806.C|
|Category||Dvd Bluray Media Players|
|File Size||172.1 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
Step 1:Creating Separate Firmware Update Device
You can create a firmware update files on your own media by saving them in the USB memory device or CD/DVD.
[Option A] Creating a Firmware Update USB Device
To create a firmware update in a USB memory device, copy the update file(s) to the USB device.
The USB memory device should have at least 80MB of free space to save the firmware update files.
1. Insert a USB memory device into the PC.
2. Copy the latest version of firmware update files to the USB drive.
(You do not need to create directory, the files will be saved in the root directory.)
[Option B] Creating a Firmware Update CD/DVD
To create a firmware update in a CD/DVD, write the update file(s) to the CD+R/RW or DVD±R/RW disc using CD burning software.
To create a firmware:
1. Insert a blank recordable CD/DVD-R, CD/DVD-RW, DVD+R, or DVD+RW disc into the CD/DVD-RW drive.
2. Run the CD/DVD burning software, and select the [CD Data] or the [Burn DVD Data] option on the program.
3. Write the firmware update file(s) in the root directly of CD/DVD.
: Updating Firmware
1) Turn on the player and wait until the Home Menu appears.
2) Insert USB memory or CD/DVD disc that contains the update file(s) of the latest firmware version into the player.
- USB memory device: Insert the USB memory device to a USB port on the front panel of the player.
- CD/DVD: Press OPEN/CLOSE button to open the disc tray. Load the disc and press OPEN/CLOSE button to close the disc tray.
3) The UPDATE window appears displaying the versions of current firmware in white, and the versions saved in the USB memory device or CD/DVD in blue.
4) Press ENTER on the remote control or press Play on the player to start the update. A status bar shows the progress of the firmware update.
-Updating Main Software will take about 3 minutes.
-Updating Driver will take about 1 minute.
-Updating both Main Software and Driver will take about 4 minutes
Please be patient during the software update!
5) When the update is completed, the message, “Update is complete.” will appear, and the power will turn off automatically after 5 seconds. h Main Software and Driver will take about 4 minutes.
6) Eject the firmware update device and turn the player back on.
Blu-Ray Player Firmware updates serve to fix bugs, add features, new functions and improve playback compatibility with Blu-Ray disks.
Because Blu-Ray movies are usually encoded for copy protection, users may experience compatibility problems if they use outdated software. In order to counter this problem, manufacturers issue firmware updates that improve compatibility for various encoding techniques.
Although upgrading your firmware can bring various improvements to disc playback and compatibility, the process is quite risky and may cause damage to your device if not done properly.
Here are some general pointers to help you successfully update your device’s firmware: make sure that you have downloaded the correct firmware for your device, do not interfere in any way with the device while the update is in progress, and make sure your player is connected to a reliable power source during the firmware update.
Note that it is a good idea to reset your device to factory default settings after the firmware update. Also, please keep in mind that a failed upgrade can cause stability issues, random crashes or permanent damage to your device.
If you feel that this update could improve your device, then hit the download button and install the new firmware according to the given instructions. Check with our website as frequently as possible in order to stay up to date with the latest firmware.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Device Type: Firmware File Size: 988 KB Windows AllInstall Driver
Find Missing Drivers