Posted at October 4, 2023 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||TP-Link TL-WR720N V2 Router Firmware 160426|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||1.8 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- Optimized firmware for new CE certification standard.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version.Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
- After you downloaded the firmware, please use decompression software to extract the firmware file to a folder, the firmware is usually named as XXXX.bin;
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware via wireless connection unless the device does not have cable connection;
- Do NOT turn off the power or cut down the Ethernet cable during upgrade process;
- It’s recommended that users stop all Internet Applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
- Please write down all current settings as a backup and enter them manually after upgrading.
- Internet Explorer(IE) is the recommended web browser for upgrading firmware.
- Log into the TP-LINK device by typing http://tplinklogin.net/ in the address bar of the web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox). The default user name and password are both admin.
- Click System Tools ->Firmware Upgrade, click the Browse button to choose the firmware you already extracted in the folder.
- Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrading has been finished. Please wait about 3 minutes.
- Click Status, verify that the router’s firmware has been upgraded.
- It is recommended that restoring the device to factory default to make the new functions take effect; Click System Tools->Factory Defaults, Click Restore Button.
- After restoring factory default, please login to the management page with the default access address such as http://tplinklogin.net and re-enter the settings you have written down before upgrading.
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Device Type: Firmware File Size: 21.9 MB OS IndependentInstall Driver
Device Type: Firmware File Size: 23.2 MB OS IndependentInstall Driver
Device Type: Router Switch Access Point File Size: 38.3 MB OS IndependentInstall Driver
Device Type: Firmware File Size: 38.3 MB OS IndependentInstall Driver
Find Missing Drivers