Posted at September 25, 2023 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||AsusWrt-Merlin Firmware 380.59.0 for RT-AC68P|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||31.7 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- CHANGED: SSH WAN access will also work over IPv6
- CHANGED: Updated miniupnpd to 2.0
- CHANGED: Fields on the DHCP static lease page are now sortable (original patch by Allan Jensen)
- NEW: Merged with 380_2697 GPL. This includes beta MU-MIMO support for the RT-AC87U/AC88U/AC3100/AC5300, and IPTV fixes.
- NEW: Option on OpenVPN client/server page to reset them back to the factory default settings.
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added support for codel and fq_codel to ARM models (RT-AC56U and newer). When enabling Traditional QoS or Bandwidth Limiter, you can now change from the default sfq queue discipline to codel or fq_codel (based on Kyle Sanderson's Tomato backport). NOTE: Traditional QoS is currently broken on the newer models (RT-AC88U and up). This is a known issue in recent Asus releases.
- CHANGED: WAN -> NAT Passthrough now allows you to determine whether or not to load the NAT helper module for h323, rtsp and sip. Asus's old behaviour is "Enabled + NAT Helper".
- CHANGED: DNSFilter client dropdown now uses Asus's new one integrated with networkmap.
- CHANGED: minidlna now supports refreshing an existing database, so the Tweak setting was updated accordingly
- CHANGED: Enable SPNEGO support in Samba
- CHANGED: Integrated Asus's networkmap into the DHCP reservations page
- CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.7.6
- FIXED: Daily/Monthly traffic monitoring shows invalid values on the RT-AC88U/3100/5300, even with CTF disabled. Implemented a temporary workaround.
- FIXED: WPS wasn't working on the RT-AC3200
- FIXED: Backported security fixes from OpenWRT to Samba 3.6.25, addressing the following: CVE-2015-5252, CVE-2015-5370, CVE-2015-5296, CVE-2015-5299, CVE-2015-7560, CVE-2016-2110, CVE-2016-2111, CVE-2016-2112, CVE-2016-2115, CVE-2016-2118.
- FIXED: OpenVPN clients set to policy-based routing and Exclusive DNS mode were still adding the tunnel nameservers to dnsmasq, causing both routed and non-routed clients to use them.
- This custom firmware can be applied like any regular update.
- You should not need to reset to factory defaults.
- You can revert back to an original ASUS firmware at any time.
- Do not load a saved copy of your settings.
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers