Posted at February 4, 2023 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||Peplink AirProbe AC2 Router Firmware 1.0.1|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||10 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- [Wired Interfaces] The AirProbe can now discover devices and perform packet capture on wired networks.
- [Performance Test] Added ability to conduct performance tests on Ethernet interfaces.
- [Port Scan] Added support for port scanning for IP addresses and domain names. Useful for checking firewall settings and to identify open ports and services on a network host.
- [Traceroute Test] Added support for Traceroute tests. Useful for checking how the traffic reaches the destination via the target SSID.
- [Air Monitor] The Air Monitor report now shows the channel width of detected access points.
- [Performance Test] When performing testing, users can now input a custom MAC address to hide the actual identity.
- [Heatmap] Click on any point on the hourly heat map to show corresponding info for that minute.
- [WPA/WPA 2 Enterprise] The AirProbe can now perform tests on networks with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise, and 802.1x SSID
- Save the downloadable package.
- Log into the router’s web user interface.
- Navigate to the firmware upgrade section of your wireless unit.
- Select the present firmware and configure your router to install this file.
- Wait as the device carries out this process.
- Reboot the unit if required.
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn't either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn't be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don't always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you're looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don't power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don't miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers