Posted at January 31, 2023 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||ASUS RT-N14U Router Custom Firmware 184.108.40.206.098 MT30|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||9.2 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.1q.
- Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.9.
- Updated dropbear SSH to 2015.71.
- Updated miniupnpd to 1.9.20151219.
- Updated usb-modeswitch to 2.2.6, updated usb-modeswitch-data up to 2015-11-01.
- Linux kernel: fixed IPv6 fragmentation issue introduced on the 086 build.
- Linux kernel: fixed memory corruption in PPPoE driver introduced on the 095 build.
- Linux kernel: more upstream updates.
- HW_NAT: dynamic select FoE 64/80 on runtime, use FoE 80 only IPv6 offload enabled.
- HW_NAT: removed FoE bind limits on HWNATv2 hardware (MT7620/MT7621).
- Control: fixed L2TP client regression introduced on the 097 build.
- Scripts: migrated to Entware-ng repository (thanks to Alexander Ryzhov).
- WebUI: removed bogus safe login logic for AP mode.
- After the first upgrade from official firmware, all settings will be erased. Do not load settings (CFG file) from official firmware!!!
- After upgrade from any official ASUS firmware, WAN MAC address for RT-N14U/N11P is dynamically changed (not permanent) in last octet. Please check MAC binding from your ISP.
- WPS/WSC (completely disabled due to the serious security hole).
- ASUS Download Master is no longer supported. It was replaced by Transmission.
- Clear browser cache to properly render WebUI pages.
- Sync OpenVPN client and server settings with new controls.
- Update region timezone (for Russia only).
- Remember that the manual NVRAM reset is not required.
- Both Wireless AP security is WPA2-Personal with pre-shared key 1234567890 by default.
- HTTP and Telnet/SSH login:passw is admin:admin by default.
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers