Posted at January 27, 2023 by PCI-DB TeamInstall Driver Automatically
|Device Name||NETGEAR R6900 Router Firmware 18.104.22.168|
|Category||Router Switch Access Point|
|File Size||30.4 MB|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
- Fixes security issues.
- Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issues during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that the firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with a wired connection.
- Write down all the settings that were changed from the default values as you may need to re-enter them manually.
- Download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Log in to the router using a Web browser.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
- The upgrade process is complete when the on screen progress bar completes. If the power LED light turns amber and blinks, power cycle the router to complete the upgrade.
- If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn't display correctly during the firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using the Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After the firmware upgrade is complete and the system boots up, it changes to a steady amber color.
- Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during the firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result in corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn't either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn't be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don't always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you're looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don't power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don't miss the update that will improve your device.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Find Missing Drivers