Fender Mustang IV Amplifier Firmware 1.10 Download
Posted at October 7, 2022 by PCI-DB Team
| Device Name||Fender Mustang IV Amplifier Firmware 1.10|
| Category||Audio Dj Gear|
| File Size||111 KB|
| Supported OS||OS Independent|
Fender Mustang IV Amplifier Firmware 1.10 Description
Fender Mustang firmware version 1.10 is the current version of Mustang firmware.
There are various fixes and enhancements in this version including but not limited to:
- Moved EXP-1 expression pedal Volume mode (Mustang III-V) control to adjust volume level after the Amp section but before the Post-Amp Effects section.
- Added press-and-hold EXIT+TREB functionality to control MID on Mustang I/II amps.
- Improved rejection of accidental/unintended effects knob changes on Mustang I/II.
- Revised how EXP-1 expression pedal calibration is performed (Mustang III-V). The new procedure will provide users with added flexibility to customize the range of their pedal, i.e. they can throw away some heel range to get more toe sensitivity.
Note that a Factory Restore will require that the Explession pedal (EXP-1) if used will need to be recalibrated. Please see the instructions below to recalibrate your EXP-1 pedal.
The EXP-1 expression pedal calibration procedure is as follows:
1. Press and hold UTIL while powering on, UTIL LED should light up for 1 second.
2. Move the expression pedal between the desired heel and toe endpoints to set the range.
3. Turn the encoder knob to the next Preset to complete the process.
Your Fender Mustang amp's firmware can be updated by the user with the Fender FUSE software and your amp connected. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Main Menu (top left hand side in the Fender FUSE user interface), and select Utilities and Update firmware.
- Turn off the power on your Fender Mustang amp. While holding the Save button (the Data Wheel on III, IV, & V), turn the power back on.
- A dialog window will open. Here you will choose either the bundled firmware update file or you can browse for the firmware file you would like to update to. (The current Mustang firmware version can be downloaded below)
- Once you have selected the correct firmware file, select it, and Fender FUSE will automatically begin the firmware update process.
- Once the firmware update is complete, turn your Fender Mustang amp off and back on. At this point, the update process is complete.
About Device Firmware:
Applying a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your unit can bring various enhancements, include workarounds for diverse problems encountered by the device, and improve or add newly developed features.
On the other hand, downgrading the firmware version can recover the device’s functionality in the event of a software update either turning up faulty or causing the unit’s overall performance to drop. However, bear in mind that applying an older firmware isn’t recommended and might not always be possible.
When it comes to the update steps, due to the large variety of devices and numerous ways for installing a new firmware, it is recommended that you carefully read and understand the upgrade steps, and consider applying a different firmware only when you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
As the installation process is most of the times quite risky, this step should be taken by users that have the ability to successfully complete the update; regular users may initiate it at their own risk. Moreover, it’s best that this task be performed in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
Therefore, if you consider applying this release, hit the download button, take into account all the aforementioned aspects, and update the device’s firmware. Also make sure you constantly check with our website to ensure that you don’t miss a single new release.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Related Fender Drivers